By: Alex Holguin
Baked Jalapeño poppers recipe will had some heat to any meal.
(photo by: Concho Valley Foods)
SAN ANGELO, Tx – Baked Jalapeño Poppers
• 12 large jalapeño peppers
• 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
• ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus 1 tablespoon for garnish
• ¼ cup chopped green onion, plus 1 tablespoon for garnish
• ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
• ¼ teaspoon onion powder
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ½ cup grated three chili cheese or sharp cheddar cheese
• 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean-up. Cut off one-third of each pepper lengthwise. Use a small spoon to scoop out the seeds and membranes from each pepper, and discard.
2. In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, three chili cheese, feta, ¼ cup chopped cilantro and green onion, garlic powder, onion powder and salt. Stir to combine.
3. Stuff the peppers with the cream cheese mixture. Top each of the peppers with a small mound of cheese lengthwise.
4. Bake for 10 to 13 minutes, until the cheese is bubbling and starting to turn golden.
5. Transfer the jalapeño poppers to a large serving dish and top each pepper with the cilantro and green onion garnish and serve!