Meat rub goes rogue with this amped up burger, rubbed with a savory blend of Smoky Montreal Steak Seasoning, chili powder and brown sugar. Up the flavor factor further with creative burger toppings: melty cheddar, BBQ mayo, grilled pickle slices and crispy onion straws. This burger really is as bold and fun as it looks!
- BBQ Mayonnaise:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Stubbs® Original Bar-B-Q Sauce
- Crispy Onion Straws:
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon McCormick® Black Pepper, Ground
- 1 medium onion, very thinly sliced and separated into rings
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Cowboy Burgers:
- 4 teaspoons McCormick® Grill Mates® Smoky Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Chili Powder
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 1/4 pounds ground beef
- 4 slices mild Cheddar cheese
- 1 dill pickle, sliced lengthwise 1/4-inch thick
- 4 Kaiser rolls
- 4 leaves lettuce
- For the BBQ Mayonnaise, mix mayonnaise and Bar-B-Q Sauce in small bowl until well blended. Cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For the Onions, mix flour, salt and pepper in large resealable plastic bag. Add onion; toss to coat well. Pour oil into deep fryer, large heavy skillet or saucepan, filling no more than 1/3 full. Heat oil on medium-high heat. Carefully add onion rings to hot oil. Fry 4 to 5 minutes, turning once to brown evenly, until onions rings are golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- For the Burgers, mix Seasoning, chili powder and brown sugar in small bowl. Shape ground beef into 4 patties. Coat surface of each patty evenly with the rub mixture. Grill over medium heat 4 to 6 minutes per side or until burgers are cooked through (internal temperature of 160ºF). Add cheese slices to burgers 1 minute before cooking is completed. Grill pickle slices 2 to 3 minutes per side or until grill marks appear. Toast rolls on the grill, open-side down, about 30 seconds, if desired.
- Serve burgers on rolls topped with grilled pickles, Crispy Onion Straws and lettuce. Serve with BBQ Mayonnaise.
(Amount per serving)
- Calories: 698Cholesterol: 51mg
- Sodium: 1788mgProtein: 38g
- Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 12g
- Fiber: 3gCarbohydrate: 51g