Grilled New York Style Pickle Dogs | Easy Keto Meal Idea
Hold the relish – but add the mustard!
Thank goodness hot dogs are a keto-friendly food, even if the carby bun is not. If you’re used to adding relish to your hot dogs, try using a pickle as the “bun” for this delicious New York-style dog instead!
With peppers and onions fried to perfection, you’ll just add chives and bacon — as well as your favorite condiments — to make this hot dog bring back your favorite backyard barbecue flavors.
- Any condiments work in this recipe. But if you’re adding ketchup, remember to use the no-sugar added variety to save on carbs. Check out our Guide to the Best Keto Friendly Condiments.
- Find the biggest pickles you can. We used Mt. Olive Kosher Dills, which are the perfect dog-length options for these bites.
- It’s okay to skip the grill. If you aren’t up to grilling outside, you can cook the hot dogs using your favorite indoor method instead.
GRILLED NEW YORK STYLE PICKLE DOGS
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 10 MINUTES
total time: 20 MINUTES
Pickles, onions, bacon — all your favorite things — with just 6 net carbs per serving!
- 4 beef hot dogs
- ½ onion, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup bacon bits
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 large Kosher dill pickles
- Mustard, to taste
Enjoy them year-round!
Although these are great for grilling season, they’re also perfect all-year-round for a low-carb dish. Serve them with Keto No-Potato Salad for a filling backyard feast!
I really enjoyed how these hot dogs tasted, and they really didn’t slide around since they fit perfectly in the pickle bun. This is such a clever idea that’s a grilling must-try meal the entire family will love!
Grill up these low-carb Jalapeno Cheesy Hot Dogs at your next BBQ!