6 Jersey Fresh jalapenos
8 ounces of cream cheese
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp of paprika
1/2 tsp of onion powder
dash of parsley
old bay, to taste
3/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
8 oz. or 1 cup of lump crab meat
lemon juice, to taste
12 pieces of thick cut, uncured, applewood smoked bacon
- Slice off the top of the jalapeno leaving the stem area intact and dig out seeds. NOTE: protect skin by wearing plastic gloves or avoid touching the seeds with your hands.
- Create filling by mixing together cream cheese, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, parsley, old bay, cheese, lemon juice and crab in a large mixing bowl.
- Roll crab dip into a log shape and place it into the jalapeno peppers
- Spiral one slice of bacon around each stuffed jalapeno finishing at the thin end of the jalapeno, secure with toothpick if needed.
- Cook at 425 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Broil on high for an additional 5-8 minutes to crisp up.
Recipe submitted by Caitlin Scharff of Cait Straight Up Cooking