Keep this easy recipe in your back pocket for when you want to add crunchy, zingy punch to whatever you’re serving. The flavor of the rice vinegar creates a pickle that goes particularly well with Asian dishes.
- 4 small firm cucumbers, such as Kirby or Persian, peeled or scrubbed, sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Slice cucumbers 1/8-inch thick using a mandoline or a sharp knife. Toss with the sugar and salt and leave in a colander to drain for 20 to 30 minutes. Rinse well and drain.
- In a bowl, toss cucumbers with the vinegar, tasting and adding more as desired. Store in a container in the refrigerator for up to a week.