STRAWBERRY JALAPEÑO SALSA
Posted on May 26, 2013
Strawberry Jalapeño Salsa ~ juicy strawberries tossed with lime, cilantro and finely minced red onion, with the added kick of jalapeño. Serve this healthy salsa with fish, tacos, chicken, steak, or just scoop it up with chips for the ultimate spring and summer appetizer!
If you got a barbecue or potluck to go to this is going to be your best friend. It’s distinctive and I bet no one’s had it before. It’s sweet, tangy, and spicy ~ it’s got it all going on. Strawberries are at their peak right now, so go for it.
More yummy recipes from tvfgi!
A great salsa has the power to transform a ho-hum meal into something really special. I like to think outside the box as often as I can and come up with combinations I don’t see at the supermarket. It really does seem, with a few exceptions (hello bananas) that most fruits make amazing salsas. It shouldn’t surprise you because, technically, even the tomato is a fruit.
So far some of my favorites have been Pineapple Salsa, Apricot Salsa and Cantaloupe Salsa, but Mango and Citrus salsas will always be my favorite favorites. If you love salsa as much as I do, try some of these others, and then come up with some of your own!
There’s no need to get persnickety about precise measurements with this strawberry jalapeno salsa because, really, you can just chop, drop, and taste as you go. These are just rough guidelines to help get you started.
Tips for making strawberry jalapeño salsa ~
- Remember, your salsa will only be as good as your strawberries ~ use red ripe berries and your results will be incredible.
- Don’t make this much more than an hour or so before serving. Like all salsas, it will wilt and the fruit will get a little mushy. An hour is the optimal amount of time for the flavors to meld and the juices to start flowing. Longer than that and the salsa will slowly start to lose its fresh appearance.
- If you plan to serve your salsa with chips, make sure to chop your berries fairly small.
Reader Rave ~
“I suck at coming up with my own recipes, but I am a champ at following them. We had a salsa contest at work and I decided to try making this. It is SO GOOD! I wanted it to be more salsa-y, so I threw everything into the Ninja and blended it up. IT WON! ~ Steph
Strawberry Jalapeño Salsa
- 15-20 strawberries hulled and chopped into a very small, even dice
- 1/3 medium red onion finely minced
- handful of cilantro well rinsed, dried, and finely chopped
- 1 Jalapeño pepper finely minced, seeds and all. (leave the seeds out for less heat)
- juice of 1 lime
- fresh cracked black pepper
Mix everything in a bowl. Taste the salsa and adjust any of the ingredients to your taste.
Chill until ready to serve.
Don’t forget to pin this amazing strawberry jalapeño salsa!